Translate

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Good Fit

I read a blog post earlier today about a girl who realized her life's true purpose at a marine recruiting office. She felt whole, as she was in the right place at the right time.

And her post got me thinking.

I experienced a very similar feeling when I got accepted into my high school. (It was a magnet school.) I grew up in a very small town and was constantly surrounded by the same people, the same faces. And I didn't fit it. I knew it and they knew it, too. So when I found a place where new, unfamiliar people shared the same interests as me and the school was 40 minutes away, I was sold.

My high school was full of extremely diverse people and although it wasn't your typical high school experience, it did have its clicks. But I found my group and I soared through high school with minimal problems. It was a good fit.



However, once high school was over, I found myself lost again. I was living in the same town that I grew up in, going to the local community college so that I could save money and use it to afford my dream school. But even after two years, I still didn't fit there. So, I transferred schools and now I'm at a university that I never pictured myself at (long story) and I don't really care for it. I don't enjoy getting up and going to class every day. It's simply not the right fit for me.

And that leads me to wonder about when the next time I feel that I fit will be. I'm hopeful that once I move with Kris, to wherever the army sends us, that I'll fit in there. But there's always a chance that it won't feel right for me. Kris is lucky and has found his true love, passion and purpose in the army. And I'm so proud of him and glad that he's found his niche. But I'm still searching.



I'm looking forward to the adventures that I'll be experiencing and the new places that I'll be going to. But I am also hoping that I'll find where I truly belong, other than right by Kris' side, supporting him, of course. :)

Have you ever felt this way? How did you deal with it?

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment