Translate

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Nature Walk

One of the benefits of living in Florida is being near the Everglades. Today was another scorching hot day. Isn't it supposed to be fall? Apparently, Florida didn't get the memo.

Oh well.

But despite the intense heat, my mother and I wanted to get out of the house for a bit and enjoy some fresh air. So, we made a trip on over to the Everglades to take a nature walk. It was so serene, peaceful and just all-around beautiful. I hadn't been there for a while but it was nice to take a walk down memory lane.

I think that the last time that I took a nature walk there I was in the 4th grade?

Oh my gosh, that was 11 years ago! Where did all the time go?

But of course, in true blogging fashion, I had to take some photographs of this amazing, wonderful place. Isn't nature just lovely?






























I've said before that I am not going to pretend to call myself a photographer but I do enjoy trying to capture these moments and places for myself and for you guys. I'm going to be moving soon and I'm trying to cram as many Floridian benefits and experiences as possible before I leave. The Everglades is definitely something that helps define Florida's true character and beauty. And I'm pretty sorry that I don't give it the attention it deserves. 

So I'm really glad that I went today and I hope that you enjoyed these photos as much as I enjoyed taking them. I'll probably go back a few times before I move because I know that I'll regret it if I don't. 

I especially loved the reading/relaxing spaces that were built. I can totally picture myself sitting there reading or writing while enjoying nature. 

It was good to get out and it's something that I hardly ever do. So what are you guys waiting for? Finish reading this blog post and go head outside from some real-life adventure! 

Or not. It's your call really! :)

But thanks for dropping by! What are your weekend plans? 

-Chelsea 

No comments:

Post a Comment