Translate

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Writer's Block

Unfortunately, lately I've been having a lot of writer's block. It doesn't matter if it's for my two blogs or my attempt to write a second novel. I have this urge to write every single day but it's so hard when your mind is blocked creatively.

It's not for lack of trying though. For example, the hardest thing to do, in my opinion, when writing a novel is to start it. There is something so scary about starting this new project, this new adventure and it makes it more real. And then I start to think, "What if it's horrible? What if I spend years of my life slaving away on this project and it's not good enough? What if I'm never published?" I try to block out those thoughts but they scare the hell out of me and my brain freezes.

But for the past few days, I have been sitting down in front of my laptop, with a new page open, and I've started the first few pages of my new novel. Several times. Every time that I think that I get a good idea, I go to write it and writer's block, that little thing, creeps it's way back into my head. I try to push through it and then I end up feeling as if my work isn't good anymore because it's so forced. I ended up deleting everything that I'd written, determined to find a fresh new idea to beat my writer's block.

I wish that it wasn't happening with blogging though because when it comes to blogging, you can write about anything. Everything is a potential subject. And yet, I'm still grasping at straws, trying to find new topics of inspiration. But tonight, I just said to myself, "Enough is enough. You're going to write."

So how did I get through my blogging writer's block? I wrote a blog about writer's block.

Oh, the irony.

Now if only I could get through my writer's block for my novel. I guess know what I'm doing tomorrow!

How do you get through writer's block?

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment