Translate

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

What Would I Ask My Future Self?

Have you ever thought about where you'll be 5 years from now? 10 years? Maybe 20? Good. I'm glad that I'm not the only one.

I'm one of those people that likes to plan everything but I've recently realized that I can't plan every aspect of my life. But that's probably a good thing. Life would be pretty boring if I knew everything that was going to happen to me. I mean, I never pictured that I'd be married at 20 years old. That was never the plan. But I wouldn't change it.

I still like planning things to a certain degree and when I think about it, I wonder about who I'll be when I'm older. How will I change? What will I go through? What will I achieve?

But when I get down to the core of what I want to know, I only have one question. Will I be happy? That is truly all I want to know. I know that there are certain things that I want out of life: kids, a college degree, published books. But if I had the chance to ask my future self about my life, I wouldn't want to know about how many kids I had or how long it took me to finish college. That would take all of the fun and mystery out of life. I would just want to know if I made good choices that made me happy.

I try to make sure that every decision I make is done with my future happiness in mind. I know too many people that settled on what they wanted and try their best just to get through life. I don't want to be that person. I know that I won't be happy every second of every day for the rest of my life. But I want a life that makes me and my family happy. A life that I'm excited to get out of bed for every single day. At the end of the day, I think that's what most people want.

I know that I'm happy now and I have a really good life. And I can't wait to see where life takes me and find out what happiness awaits me in the future.

If you could ask your future self one thing, what would it be?

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment