Translate

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Proud Wife


I would just like to clarify that this isn't my husband and I. However, this is how it felt when he had to leave again. It was one of the hardest things that I've ever done to give him back.

So yesterday I got back from my trip to my husband's boot camp graduation and although I am exhausted from all of the flying that I had to do, I can honestly say that they were some of the proudest days of my life. I haven't seen my husband for 10 weeks and I was so surprised at how much he has changed, both physically and mentally. He lost weight, he now has the mentality of an American soldier which is wonderful and yet, he is still the same man that I fell in love with almost 3 years ago.

I cannot share pictures or video of the event because I could get Kris in trouble however, I can share that I got a small glimpse into what my future is going to be and it was an eye-opener. From the way that Kris acted and looked, to seeing first-hand the way that military families live their lives, it is a completely out of this world experience. I am so proud of everything that he has accomplished and who he has become and now I'm even more excited to start living our lives together.

Military graduations are definitely not something that you see every day and I felt so lucky and blessed to have witnessed everything, however I will not go into detail about everything that happened. Kris had my respect before but now he has so much more and he has the respect of others which only makes me even more proud of him. To hear the other privates tell me how much Kris helped them through their experiences only made it better, as well as getting a small taste of what he went through these past 9 weeks. He is so much stronger as a man and a soldier and we are so much closer as a couple.

All in all, although I didn't get as much time with him as I would have liked, I feel so lucky to have held him and been with him, even though it was for a short time. The next year apart is going to be difficult but being a military couple isn't easy and we knew that getting into this. Everything that we will gain from this is going to make this experience worth it and we just have to remind ourselves that it will get better because separation is hard but hey... it sounds like life to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment