Translate

Monday, July 14, 2014

Inspiration

Recently, I've been very frustrated with myself. I've been trying to do more writing and every day when I sit down to write, I can't think of anything that's good enough. It's like I've got perpetual writers' block or something. I've tried everything that I could think of to inspire me but I'm still drawing blanks.

And it's becoming more frustrating every day.

I'm someone that loves to write. I always have been, always will be. So it's very odd for me not to have some sort of project to work on right now. Every day that I go without writing makes me feel empty. Writing is a part of me that makes me feel whole. It's more than just a hobby; it's my life.

So I started thinking about why I love writing and what I want my writing to do. I want to inspire people. I want people to read my stories and feel something. I want to make an impact in someone's life. I just finished re-reading The Fault in Our Stars and I started thinking about how many people that book has affected. Thousands of people across the globe love that story and it touches them in ways that can't be described. That's exactly what I'm working to achieve. One day, I want my own stories to impact people in that way. That's the beauty of writing. People take things away from stories and everyone gets something different out of those stories.

Re-reading The Fault in Our Stars accomplished exactly what I had hoped that it would. It inspired me. I remembered exactly what I wanted my writing to accomplish. I remembered why I do what I do. I want people to connect with my stories and to have positive influences in their lives, just as John Green has for so many people.

I've often heard that reading a lot is one of the best ways to become a better writer. Now I know why.

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment