Translate

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Would You Rather: Book Edition

Yesterday, I saw Kat from Katytastic do this tag and it seemed pretty fun. I'm a person that really loves books, so anytime that I can write anything book-related, I go ahead and do it.

1. Would you rather read only trilogies or stand-alones?
Stand-alones. I love contemporary novels and that's the genre that I plan to write. And most contemporary novels are stand-alones.

2. Would you rather read only male authors or only female authors?
Most of my favorite authors are female, so I'd go with females. However, I do enjoy reading books that were written by males as well. I never use gender as a factor when I'm picking out books to read.

3. Would you rather shop at Barnes & Noble or Amazon? 
There isn't a Barnes & Noble anywhere near where I live, so lately, all of my book shopping has been from Amazon. However, I prefer going to Barnes & Noble, even though it tends to be a bit more expensive. I love walking into the store and coming out with a book. Besides, my dream is to see books that I've written on Barnes & Noble shelves.

4. Would you rather all books become movies or TV shows?
Movies. I think that a lot of series would be good TV shows but as far as stand-alones go, they'd definitely make better movies. Plus, when books get turned into TV shows, they have to add and change a lot of things just to keep the show going. I'm not sure that I'd like all of those changes.

5. Would you rather read 5 pages a day or 5 books a week?
I'm a really fast reader, so 5 pages a day wouldn't be good enough for me. If I really like a book, I can normally finish it in a day anyway. So definitely 5 books a week.

6. Would you rather be a professional reviewer or a professional author?
Professional author, hands down. It's been my dream ever since I learned how to read and write.

7. Would you rather read only your 20 favorite books or always read new books that you haven't read before?
I actually don't reread books very often. I'm always looking for new stories to love and inspire me. So I'd have to go with reading new books.

8. Would you rather be a librarian or a book seller?
A book seller. Don't get me wrong, I love libraries but there's just such a wonderful feeling that I get when I walk into a bookstore. I'd love to have that feeling every day at work.

9. Would you rather read only your favorite genre or every genre except your favorite?
Wow, this one is really tough. I'm actually a really picky reader, so unfortunately, I'd probably just have to stick with my comfort zone and only read contemporary books.

10. Would you rather only read physical copies of books or e-books?
Physical books, no competition.

If you'd like to do the tag, feel free to do so!

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment