Translate

Friday, February 14, 2014

A Spark of Inspiration

I've been working a lot on my second novel but for a few days, I was having really bad writer's block. I really do try my best every day to write. It makes me happy and feel more productive. But some days are harder than others. It's difficult to be creative every single day and sometimes it feels like all of my creative juices have been dried up.

But then sometimes you have a magical moment where you're mid-sentence and all of a sudden, you get a spark of inspiration where you come up with a major plot twist. Then the book ends up taking an entirely different direction and you become extremely invested in your new idea. The excitement you felt when you first started writing comes back to you and you feel so proud of what you're doing. It seriously is one of the best feelings in the world.

For anyone else that's working on a novel right now but has hit some writer's block, just keep pushing through. It'll come. But remember, sometimes it does a person good to take a break for a little bit and recharge.

Happy Friday/Valentine's Day!

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment