Translate

Monday, February 3, 2014

Shatter Me

I finished this book less than 5 minutes ago and I just had to do a review of it while it was still fresh in my mind! This book was fantastic! I recently discovered it because of "BookTube" which is where people do book reviews, book hauls and book-related videos on YouTube. Quite a few of my favorite "BookTubers" raved about this book and I can understand why. Because it's nothing short of superb!

Juliette is a girl whose touch kills people. She cannot control it and because of it, society has cast her off. Even her own parents don't love her or want to be around her. She ends up in an asylum and then captured by the military. The man in charge, Warner, wants to use her powers to his advantage, against her will. Juliette does not want to use her powers at all and wants nothing more than to escape Warner's evil clutches. With the help of Adam, a childhood friend, she sets out on a mission to obtain her freedom.


The writing style of this novel was absolutely beautiful. I cannot compliment Tahereh Mafi enough! The writing was fresh, unique and just an absolute pleasure to read. I also loved how some of her sentences were crossed out. I had never seen that in a novel before and I thought it fit the story perfectly. The plotline itself was quite ingenious! I cannot imagine going through what this poor girl had to endure!

The pacing was quick and exciting. It was a very easy and compelling read. I finished it in less than a day. I was legitimately enveloped in this novel. The characters were well-written, interesting and I really connected with them, which is something I always look for in a book.

The end left me with quite a few unanswered questions and a great cliff-hanger. I cannot wait to go to Barnes and Noble and pick up the sequel! If you have not read this book yet, I highly recommend that you do so! Shatter Me earned a well-deserved 5/5 stars!

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment