Translate

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Ruby Red

Ruby Red is the story of Gwyneth Shepherd, a girl whose family carries a time traveling gene through the females. For her entire life, it was believed that her cousin Charlotte carries the gene, not Gwyneth. But when she's 16, Gwyneth travels through time and her family is in disbelief. Following this stunning revelation are tons of questions, secrets and adventures and Ruby Red is just the beginning.

This is the first book in The Precious Stone Trilogy and I've heard so many people talk about how great this book is. But because it's about time travel, I was skeptical about picking it up. I have tried to read 2 time travel books before and I found them confusing and annoying. But because of all of the hype for this book, I decided to give it a chance. However, I must admit that because there was such hype for this book, I was afraid that my expectations would be too high and I'd end up disappointed.



But I can definitely say that I was not disappointed! At all! (And let's all just take a second to appreciate this gorgeous cover!)

This story, I must say, was fantastic! It was way more fast-paced, intricate and elaborate than I expected it to be! Reading it was just so much fun! The characters were a lot of fun to read and the ending left me with a lot of questions! I never expected this book to be so mysterious and I can honestly say that I'm glad that I borrowed it from the library. I'm sure that I'll go out and buy my own copy very soon!

I don't want to spoil too much of the plot, so if this story sounds interesting to you, I highly recommend it! I'll hopefully be reading Sapphire Blue very soon and have another review up immediately following it!

Have you read this book? What are your thoughts?

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment