Translate

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wedding Wednesday! (Part 1)

Hello, everyone! I realized today that I have been married for 9 and a half months but have yet to do a recap! I can't believe that I've restrained myself for this long! So I've decided that today is the perfect day to do so! 

Kris proposed May 12th, 2012 and we planned on a long engagement. However, when he decided to join the service, that sped things up and we planned a wedding in less than 3 months! Needless to say, it was quite stressful! We got married on May 12th, 2013 (otherwise known as "Mother's Day"). That day was very sentimental to us and the best day of our lives.

I'm so excited that I finally get to share the details of this amazing day with all of you!

We had decided to get married at 5:30 p.m. at Veteran's Park, so for the entire day, I was a bundle of excitement. To be honest, I wasn't nervous at all. I just wanted to get the party started! So I went with my father to pick up the flowers and start decorating the reception venue. We had a very small affair of about 50 people, only close friends and family. Due to the short time frame and budget, most of our day was DIY.

A family friend did my hair and makeup and my mother and sister helped me get ready. I only had two people in my bridal party, my sister (Kelly) and Kris' little sister (Genna). When the time finally arrived, I was feeling beautiful, excited and nervous. We were having an outdoor ceremony and there was a horrible thunderstorm! We ended up having to move the wedding to the other side of the park because our original venue didn't have any cover. But nevertheless, the ceremony was still beautiful.

This was the first photograph that the photographer took that day, just before the ceremony.

The first one to walk was Genna. Thank goodness the rain stopped in time for them to walk!

Next was my sister Kelly, the Maid of Honor!

And of course, my father walked me down the aisle!


 Another family friend of ours was a notary, so we asked her to perform the ceremony. She did a flawless job, as expected!


After the ceremony, which was short and sweet, (just how I like it!) we took pictures with our immediate family/bridal party.

This is Kristopher's family: His step-father Ray, his mom Kim and of course, Genna. 

Kristopher's family is originally from Ohio and a few of his family members flew down for the occasion. Here with us is his Grandmother, Sharon and his cousin Sage, who was also the Best Man.

I'm so pleased with how the green and yellow color scheme worked out! In case anyone is wondering, the green is Clover and we got the dresses at David's Bridal! 

Then, of course, there's my family: My father Chris, (Yes, I married a man with the same name as my father.) my mother Michele and Kelly.

Everyone then made their way over to cocktail hour, which was held in the same area as our reception. Kristopher and I didn't want to have a traditional reception-type venue, nor did we have the money for it. So we decided to have our reception at a family friend's restaurant. (Do you see a theme here? A lot of family friends were involved in making my special day what it was!)

But Kris and I stayed behind to take more photos first!










Of course, these are not all of the pictures that we took; they're just a few of my favorites! If I put every photo we took on here, we'd be here all night! 

So then it was time for Kris and I to head over to the reception for our big introduction and Mr. and Mrs.!

That brings us to the end of Part 1! I'll have Part 2 up very soon! I hope you've enjoyed learning about mine and Kris' special day! 

Until next time!

-Chelsea 

No comments:

Post a Comment