Translate

Thursday, June 5, 2014

I'm All About This Married Life

Sometimes the fact that I'm married and running my own home still seems very surreal to me. And honestly, I think that is one of the most beautiful things about it.


I was always someone that had plans for everything in life and trust me, there was no steering away from said plans. (I'm a very stubborn person.) But getting married at 20 and living the army life certainly wasn't part of the plan. I always thought marriage was something that I'd do closer to my 30's. But you know what? I don't regret my decision at all, never have and never will. Not even for a second.

Lately I've found myself constantly in awe with the concept of marriage and just how wonderful it is. We wake up to and go to sleep with the same wonderful person every night. We have someone to take care of us when we're sick. We both have a confidante and can always share our deepest fears or concerns with no fear of judgement. Our best friend is literally with us every night, laughing with us, supporting us and learning more about us every day. And at the end of the day, we both have someone that is going through the exact same situations in life as we are and that person understands us on a level that we never could've imagined. The experience is unparalleled, to be going through one of life's toughest yet most amazing journeys with a person that you love and pledged to spend your life with.


Marriage to Kris hasn't been what I thought it was going to be like; it's even better.

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment