Translate

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Starting Over

One of the hardest parts of wanting a creative career is the constant pressure to come up with new ideas. And sometimes when you do come up with new ideas, they don't work out and you have to start back at Square 1. I've been plowing through tons of ideas lately and although I've given them my best shot, none of them have worked out.

It can be very discouraging and there are some days that the disappointment feels like it's a little too much to handle. But if it was easy, then everyone would do it. I tell myself that if I do stick it out and I keep trying that it'll end up working out. Being a published author is all that I've ever wanted but it's a lot of hard work. Writing a book is harder than I ever would've thought.

I started working on a new project about 3 days ago. It's hard to tell if an idea is going to work out in the beginning but so far, I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'm trying something new and branching outside of my comfort zone. I hope that it ends up paying off but if it doesn't, that just means that I'm one step closer to achieving my dream. Every bad idea that doesn't work out brings me closer to an idea that will. And I'm confident enough in my imagination and determination to keep trying no matter what. That's what life is all about, isn't it? Chasing your dreams no matter how difficult they are?

So even though I'm starting over for about the 100th time, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love what I do and I am going to work hard for the rest of my life to make sure that my dreams do end up coming true.

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment