Translate

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Positives of 2016

For many people, 2016 was generally a bad year. I'll admit that there were parts of it that were less than perfect for me as well. But I've realized that there is a lot of negativity in the world and I want my own little slice of the internet to be a positive one. So, I've decided to look back on 2016 and share some of the positive things that have happened to me.

I discovered competitive pole dancing and fell absolutely in love with it. I've found a great way to stay in shape and made some really amazing friends as well.


Kris and I went white water rafting for the first time. We went on a trip with some friends and had so much fun! We will definitely be going again.


I participated in my first 5k, which was a color run. This was something that I've always wanted to do and I'm glad that I finally got the chance to do it.


Kris and I did a lot of hiking and discovered many beautiful waterfalls near our hometown. We got to see just how mesmerizing the north country truly is!


We discovered Clayton and fell in love with it as well. It is definitely one of our new favorite places!


I traveled to Connecticut for the first time and participated in my first pole dancing competition with a bunch of my friends.


We couldn't go home for Thanksgiving, so we celebrated with some friends! We spent the night eating good food, laughing and watching football. I even learned how to play poker, which is something that I've always wanted to learn!


I've always been a huge Rodgers and Hammerstein's fan and their version of Cinderella has always been a favorite of mine. I finally got to see it live and bought tickets for my family members as Christmas presents. It was one of the most visually stunning performances that I've ever seen and I loved every second of it!


I got to go back to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party! I used to go a lot when I was little but I haven't had the chance to go back since I moved away. It felt so nostalgic to get to experience it again!


As a Christmas present for us, my mom paid for Kris and I to get portraits done. We took a whole bunch of beautiful photos and I absolutely love how they turned out. I absolutely can't wait to get the prints back!


What positive things happened to you in 2016?

-Chelsea



No comments:

Post a Comment