Translate

Monday, February 26, 2018

24 Lessons I've Learned in 24 Years

My 25th birthday is coming up in less than 2 months and I honestly can't believe that. Where did all of that time go? It seems impossible that all of that time has passed but that's good because time flies when you're having fun. And I gotta say, that I've had a pretty blessed and fun life. But my life hasn't only been fun; it's been educational. I've learned a lot in these past 24 years and I thought that it'd be nice to share what I've learned.

1. No matter how hard you try, not everyone is going to like you.

2. When someone shows you who they truly are, you gotta believe them.

3. It isn't okay to judge people, especially if you don't know the whole story.

4. It is okay to agree to disagree.

5. If you aren't happy with something in your life, change it.


6. Don't care about what other people think. You have to live your life, not them.

7. Life is so much easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got.

8. There are two types of relationships you can have with people. They can be a lesson or a blessing.

9. There will always be people that don't believe in you. Don't let yourself be one of them.

10. If you have the chance to compliment someone or support someone, do it. It could change their life.
11. There is no time table set for your life. Accomplish everything in your own time. It's okay. 

12. Never apologize for doing something you love.

13. If there is a will, there is a way.

14. It is never a sign of weakness to ask for help.

15. Push yourself outside of your comfort zone. It helps you grow.



16. Fear is a liar. Don't listen to it.

17.  Strive for positivity in a world of negativity.

18. Life doesn't always go according to plan and that's okay.

19. Don't depend on others to make you happy.

20. You are stronger than you ever knew.


21. It truly is the little things that matter.

22. Worrying about situations out of your control isn't helpful at all.

23. Time doesn't heal all wounds. It's what you do with that time that heals you.

24. It's okay to fail as long as you try.

At some point, I'd like to go more in-depth as to how I learned these lessons. But in the interest of not making an incredibly long post, I'll just save those stories for later. Stay tuned!

What has life taught you?

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment