Translate

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Inside My Head

       Learn some more about me and my ¨practically perfect¨ life. Well, at least I think so, anyways. :)


Well, I thought that since you guys are reading my stuff, you should get to know me a little bit. So this is a little Q&A that I answered to tell you guys what you need to know. :)


1. What was the happiest moment of your life? The saddest?

The happiest moment of my life was when Kris proposed to me in Disney World. The saddest moment would have to be when I got diagnosed.


2.Who has been the biggest influence on your life? What lessons did that person teach you?
The biggest influence is definitely my mom and she taught me how to be a strong, positive and confident woman.

3. It’s been said that after they pass away, the most important people in our lives “live within us.” Is there anyone from your past that lives within you?
I've been pretty fortunate so far. I've never lost anyone. So, one day, hopefully a long time from now, I'll find that out.

4. What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life?
Definitely, the most important thing that I've learned is that no matter what you do or how hard you work, life isn't fair. It's really hard. But it's all about attitude. If you want to be unhappy, you'll be unhappy and vice versa. Happiness is inside of you, no matter the circumstances, even though it can be hard to find sometimes.

5. What is your earliest memory?
The earliest thing that I can remember is getting lost inside of a playground at Chuck E. Cheese.

6. Are there any words of wisdom you’d like to pass along to me?
"If you can dream it, you can do it."- Walt Disney

7. What are you proudest of in your life?
I am proudest of being really different from everyone else but loving myself anyway. I don't give a darn about what anyone says or thinks about me.

8. When in life have you felt most alone?
In middle school, I was bullied excessively. Every day was a battle for me and I only had two friends. Even with my friends I didn't feel liked or safe at school and it made things very hard for me. I always wondered why everyone thought I was so weird or what I was doing wrong. It was a really lonely time for me.

9. How has your life been different than what you’d imagined?
I never imagined that I'd be getting married at the age of 20 to a man in the military.

10. How would you like to be remembered?
I would like to be remembered for exactly what I said in my About Me section: "I'm a writer, a reader, a dreamer and Peter Pan in female form."

11. Do you have any regrets?
I never regret anything because at the time, it's exactly what I wanted.

12. What does your future hold?
My future consists of lots of reading, writing, producing, traveling, Disney World/Disneyland, being silly and being the best wife/mom that I can be.

13. Is there anything that you’ve never told me but want to tell me now?
Everything that you'll ever want or need to know about me will be disclosed in future blogs.

14. If you could interview anyone from your life living or dead, but not a celebrity, who would it be and why?
Well, that depends. Does Walt Disney count as a "celebrity"? :)

15. Where will you be in 10 years? 20 years?
In 10 years, I would love to have just started a family and have a book or two published. In 20 years, I'm not so sure. I just want to be happy and successful.

16. Where did you grow up?
In a small town. That's all you need to know. :)

17. What was your childhood like?
I spent a lot of time outside, doing things like swimming and football. I also wrote and read all the time. I was also extremely academic. I was always the teacher's pet and sucked up to every adult that I knew. I just wanted to make everyone love me and I was an extremely theatrical and dramatic child.

18. Who were your favorite relatives?
Growing up, my Aunt Tiffy was always my favorite person to visit. She and I were so alike and when I was around her, I felt special.

19. How did you and grandma/grandpa meet?
My grandparents on my dad's side met at my great-aunt's house and on my mom's side, they met outside of a grocery store.

20. What were your parents like?
My dad is a very emotional man and was always involved in mine and my sister's life. He coached every single one of our sports teams, no matter what sport. My mom was also involved in our athletics but she was also extremely prissy. No matter what, she always looks her best and makes sure that my sister and I look our best too.

21. What were your grandparents like?
My grandfathers are both deceased but I hear that they were amazing, hard-working people. My grandmothers were always very loving and spoiled me rotten. :)

22. What are your dreams for your children?
I just want my future children to be happy. That's all anyone really wants.

23. How did your parents choose your name?
My parents wanted to give me a name that they felt couldn't be made fun of. They weren't able to come up with insults for the name "Chelsea."

24. What were your siblings like?
I only have one sibling, a little sister. Growing up she was a trouble -maker and she wanted to be just like me. (She's not like that anymore. Hehe :) )

25. How was your relationship with your parents?
I was always very close with my parents growing up.

26. Did you get into trouble? What was the worst thing you did?
I was always one of those kids that was very afraid of their parents, so I tried my best not to get into trouble. However, one of the things that I got in the most trouble for was when I cut my own hair.

27. Did you have a nickname? How’d you get it?
Some people called me "Chels" but that's about it.

28. Who were your best friends? What were they like?
I'm sure you'll find out in a future blog. :)

29. How would you describe a perfect day when you were young?
When I was younger, my best friend and his family would have "Backwards Days" with me. I would sleep over their house and we would eat Lunchables as midnight snacks, eat ice cream for dinner, eat dinner for lunch and then eat breakfast for dinner. We'd stay in our pajamas, play videogames, watch movies and swim, etc. But we mixed the meals up. They were my absolute favorite days to sleep over and I looked forward to them all the time. I still miss those days.

30. What did you think your life would be like when you were older?
I knew that I wanted to be a writer but other than that, I tried not to get my heart too set on one idea. I knew that the future changed and I didn't want my heart to be broken.

31. Do you have any favorite stories from your childhood?
Again, this will be answered in the future.

32. Did you enjoy school?
I loved the actual learning but since I was bullied so much, I didn't enjoy going to school very much.

33. What kind of student were you?
I was a straight A student and I always took advanced classes.

34. What would you do for fun?
I played football, swam, wrote, read and hung out with my 2 best friends.

35. How would your classmates remember you?
I would definitely be remembered as a nerd.

36. Are you still friends with anyone from that time in your life?
We are friends on Facebook and we have each others' phone numbers but since we're in college, we drifted apart.
37. Was there a teacher or teachers who had a particularly strong influence on your life? Tell me about them.
My favorite teacher ever was definitely my Spanish 2 teacher and I'm sure one day I'll write a little something about him, too.

38. Do you have a love of your life?
Yes, I do. I'm marrying him on Sunday! <3

39. When did you first fall in love?
The day that I knew that I loved him was August 13th, 2010.

40. Can you tell me about your first kiss?
The guy kissed me and I was taken completely off-guard.
41. What was your first relationship?
I was 15 and it was with a guy that I'd been crushing on since I was 8 years old.

42. Do you believe in love at first sight?
No, but I believe in lust at first sight.

43. What lessons have you learned from your relationships?
Never settle for less than you deserve and to treat each other as equals.
44. How did you meet your husband/wife?
I met him at work. :)

45. How did you know he/she was “the one”?
When I was in the hospital, he never left me and he stayed through my sickness.

46. How did you propose?
He proposed right after the hospital visit when he took me to Disney World. He proposed at one of my favorite hotels at sunset.

47. What advice do you have for young couples?
Don't believe in statistics. Just because you're young doesn't mean that it won't work or that your love isn't real. It just means that you have to work harder. Marriage and relationships are really hard work and both people have to put up equal work. Relationships are not just kisses, snuggles and long walks on the beach. You're going to argue and disagree. It's normal and it'd be boring if you guys agreed all the time. Just remember that you love each other and to try your best to work things out.

48. What did you think you were going to be when you grew up?
I've always know that I'm going to be a writer. :)

49. Has this illness changed you? What have you learned?
My illness definitely changed me. I'm a much more compassionate and understanding person now that I've gone through all of this. I've learned patience and not to be so judgmental to other people because you don't know what those other people have been through.

Well, that's what Chelsea's life sounds like... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment