Translate

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Lost Hero

I just finished reading The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan and it was amazing! Contrary to what I originally thought, this book doesn't follow Percy Jackson. Instead, it follows a new trio of demigods: Jason, Leo and Piper. They find out that they're demigods and go on a quest to save Hera while each dealing with their own internal struggles. Jason can't remember anything about his past, Piper is also trying to save her father and Leo is dealing with his guilt from his mother's passing years ago.

I loved the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series so much that I was afraid that I wouldn't like this book. But I was oh-so wrong! This book has adventure, comedy, sorrow, memorable new characters mixed in with old and lovable characters and a fantastic story-line. This book definitely has something for everyone. There was adventure around every corner and I absolutely loved how Riordan incorporated the Roman gods into the story as well. It was also really interesting and refreshing to learn more about other gods, such as Aphrodite.

Riordan is clever, witty and keeps you on the edge of your seat, waiting for more. His incorporation of mythology into everyday life is brilliant and this story is no exception. I could not put this book down! If you haven't picked this book up yet, please do! Or, if you haven't read the other Percy Jackson books, I highly recommend that you do! You won't be disappointed!

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment