Translate

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Adjusting

So far, I'd say that I've adjusted pretty well to my new surroundings. Being from Florida and moving up north means that I've experienced quite a drop in temperature; and as the months go by, I know that those drops are going to plummet even more.

But, weather aside, I'm loving married life. Now that I finally get to experience it, of course. Kris and I were separated for 11 months (due to him being in the military) but now I get to wake up to his face every morning, cook with him, go on walks with him, enjoy movie night in our own place and kiss him whenever I want. That last part is my favorite.

Being away from my parents and also being responsible for myself is definitely an adjustment. But I'm loving it so much that the hard days aren't actually that hard. I struggled a lot with the idea of leaving the nest and to be honest, I'm still pretty surprised that I did it. But my mother told me that no matter what, I'd be okay in the end.

And, as always, she was right. It's been just over a week and we're both still alive and well. So that's a plus. Kris and I are still in the blissful stage where everything is new and exciting for us because it's the first time that we can do something in "our place".

I do miss my family a lot and it's weird not seeing them every day. But since I get to call them every day and live this life with Kris, I'd say that I can't imagine being happier.

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment