Translate

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

What I Miss About Home

I moved over 1,300 miles away from my childhood home about 3 weeks ago. Since then, I've been adjusting to my new life and learning how to live on my own. It's been a transition but I'm loving my new home and my new life.

But sometimes, I start thinking about what I left behind and I start to miss my old life, or at least what Florida had to offer.

  • My family- I have absolutely no family anywhere near here. On one hand, it's nice that Kris and I have some privacy and a life that's all our own. But on the other hand, I miss that familiar sense of family and being around people that know and care about me. 
  • The beach- There are plenty of lakes around here but they're too cold to swim in. It doesn't get warm here very often either. I miss going to the beach with my family and friends and soaking up the sun.
  • Girls Flag Football- Where I'm from, flag football is a big deal. Everyone is into it and the parks are always flooded with people who came to watch the games. I played for 10 years and my sister still plays. There are parks around here but none of them have girls football leagues. 
  • The memories- It's weird learning where everything is and not having any major milestones here yet. If I was driving around Royal Palm Beach, I could drive by Veteran's Park and say, "I got married there." Or I could drive down my first boyfriend's neighborhood and say, "I got my first kiss there." I don't have a special connection to this place yet and I miss being surrounded by my wonderful memories.
Despite all of the things that I miss about Florida, I love my new life with Kristopher and I know that we will be able to make this place into a beautiful home. I'll still miss everything every day but I'll take in all of the positive things around me and enjoy this adventure.

-Chelsea 

No comments:

Post a Comment