Translate

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Genetics

I've recently fallen in love with nonfiction books. I used to find them extremely dull but now I find them really mentally stimulating. Plus, I've had really bad luck finding good fiction books lately, so I was looking for a change. So I went to the library a few days ago and picked up a book on genetics. I don't know much about it, other than what I learned about in my tenth grade biology class, but I felt like it would be a really interesting topic to learn about. But while I was reading it, I started to think about the traits that I inherited from my parents, the physical and the personality traits. And I thought it'd be fun to dissect myself and see what I got from each parent.

Senior pictures! 


      DAD:

  • Eyebrows
  • Nose 
  • Competitive drive
  • Attention to detail
  • Love of sports
  • All-or-nothing attitude
  • Temper
  • Addiction to chicken wings
  • Curly hair
Last day of senior year, out with my friends!



      MOM:
  • Hair color
  • Sensitivity
  • Rule follower
  • Love of reading 
  • Introversion
  • Love of school
  • Lips
  • Strong work ethic
  • Protectiveness 

Honeymooning at Disney World!


I'm pretty evenly split among my parents as you can see, even though my personality is way more complicated than that. I always thought that I was more like my mom but I see now that's not the case. 

If you guys have any book recommendations, I'd really like to know about them! Leave them in a comment below and I'll be sure to check them out! 

Happy Sunday! 

-Chelsea 

No comments:

Post a Comment