Translate

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Broken Relationships

As long as I'm being nostalgic, I'll post an old football photo of me. :)


Today my family and I were looking through old photos and I came across a photo of me with an old friend. Of course, I felt nostalgia right away. I loved how happy I looked with them and I instantly yearned for that time when we actually spoke to each other, when we were inseparable.

Needless to say, we had a falling out and I regret that. We've tried to mend the broken bonds of our past friendship but have come to realize that no matter what we do, we just can't seem to get past all of the hurt. The fact that I don't speak to this person anymore really breaks my heart because they were such a huge part of my life. But I have learned that it doesn't do me any good to dwell on things that aren't meant to be. Simply put, we were part of the other person's life for as long as we were meant to be and we moved on. However sad that may be, I am truly blessed to have the memories that I have with this person. I never regretted our friendship for a minute and I never will.

This person is obviously not the only one that I've lost contact with. When I made the decision to go to a magnet school, I didn't see my other childhood friends as often either. It caused us all to drift apart and I don't talk to most of them, unfortunately. We have tried to meet up and go out too but our schedules normally conflict too much. Eventually, we came to realize that it's easier to just be Facebook friends.

The realization of just how many friends that I've lost contact with hit me really hard today. Don't get me wrong, I do have other friends, I just miss my old ones. I feel like they are different people now and I missed out on an important part in all of their lives, their journey from being pre-teens to adults. This was expected to happen but when I was going through it, I thought that I'd be different; I thought that I'd be the one that didn't let distance and time away get in the way of my friendships but it happened. I guess some things just aren't meant to be and people always find a way to move on. That's life, right?

I wouldn't trade my life or my friends for anything but I do want my friends to know just how much I miss them and even though we don't speak much anymore, I still care about them. I always will but I do live to embrace the new people and new experiences in my life. But it's still nice to look at those old pictures and remember the good times.

Sorry, guys. I try not to be too mushy but I just couldn't help it today.

Happy Tuesday!

Instagram
Twitter
My Second Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment