Translate

Friday, March 7, 2014

Firelight

Jacinda is a draki, part of a pride that descended from dragons but are capable of taking human form. Her father is dead, her mother has "killed" the draki part of her and her twin sister never manifested into a dragon. Jacinda is also a fire-breather, the first one to have that talent for generations. The pride wants to control Jacinda and have her breed with Cassian, the alpha's son, in hopes of creating more fire-breathers.


But Jacinda doesn't want to have everyone else plan her life and when she makes the mistake of almost getting caught by a hunter, Will, her mother decides that it's time to finally leave the pride. Jacinda resents this move because she knows that she belongs with the draki, not among the humans like her family. But Jacinda's mother is hoping that the move will "kill" her draki as well. Jacinda is determined not to let that happen and to do so, ironically, she has to stay close to Will, the hunter that has the power to destroy her and her family.

I am going to be honest, I've never read any sort of dragon book before and I was skeptical about whether or not I'd actually like it. But I found myself really enjoying it. It was a very quick, easy read for me. I read it in about a day. I found that there were a few parts of me that related to Jacinda and some of the things that she was feeling. I also adored Will's character and how sweet he was.

The only thing that really annoyed me was the kind of "insta-romance" feel that it had. I don't really like when characters have only known each other for like 2 weeks and are like, "I love you so much that I can't live without you." Especially, when they're teenagers. But I digress, that this was my only real problem with the book. I found it to be a pretty light story, which was just what I was looking for. I plan to get my hands on the sequel very soon. I heard that it's even better than Firelight.

Have you read this book? What are your thoughts?

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment