Translate

Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Promise to Myself

My 21st birthday is on Friday. Exciting, right? It's always fun to reach a milestone birthday. And of course, birthdays are just fun in general.

But I've been thinking a lot about my birthday and what it means to grow older. I think that it's important to be happy, or at least try to be, every single day. And for the longest time, I haven't allowed myself to do that.

Don't get me wrong, I am generally a very happy person. However, I always have put other peoples' needs and wants ahead of my own. I never allow myself to have/to do what I want. So I told myself that when Kris and I move, for the first time in my life, I'm going to do whatever it takes to make me happy. I'm going to allow myself to make me a priority.

At least for a while. Life is too short not to be happy, so I'm promising myself that I'm going to let myself be happy and not feel guilty about it. I'm just going to live life and enjoy every positive consequence of my decisions.

Here's to the start of my new life! 21 is going to be a big year for sure!

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment