Translate

Monday, December 30, 2013

A Whirlwind Week

It's been an entire week since I've posted a blog and it honestly feels really weird to say that. I'm used to posting at least 3 times a week but this past week and a half has been so jam-packed with stuff to do while Kris is home. I've been trying to soak up every second that I can with him and haven't had time to do much else, especially blogging.

But while he is doing his daily workout and I'm preparing for our New Year's Eve plans, I thought that I'd sneak in a quick update!

           We've been:

  • Going to the movies to see Frozen and Saving Mr. Banks. Both were spectacular!
  • Shopping! We both got tons of gift cards for Christmas and I've spent most of mine at Barnes and Noble! 
  • Going out to dinner! When you haven't had an actual date with your husband for 7 months, you forget how good it feels! We've done it a few times since he's been home and it feels just like it did when we first started dating! That spark is still very much alive!
  • Spending time with our families! His family has missed him terribly and so has mine, so I've had to do some sharing! But I don't mind because he missed them a lot too and it's wonderful to be together!
  • Enjoying each other's company! It's nice to just sit around with some hot cocoa and talk, knowing that it's these little moments that matter most.
  • Couples photos! We actually just got back from the photo-shoot at the park! My sister is an aspiring photographer and I've been dying to get these photos done for months! It was a great feeling crossing this off of our to-do list! And I must say, they turned out amazing!
  • Getting tattoos! Kris got his second tattoo on Saturday! A family friend of ours owns a tattoo shop and he did Kris' first tattoo, so we went back to him for this one. And even though I have no interest in tattoos, I must say that Kris' is really bad-ass. 
So as you can see, we've been up to a lot this past week and a half! I can't believe that our limited time together is almost over! It's been flying by so fast! But tomorrow we will be busy again, taking his little sister to the zoo and then having a romantic night out!

I hope that you all have a safe and happy new year!

-Chelsea  

No comments:

Post a Comment