Translate

Thursday, December 19, 2013

5 Things That 2013 Taught Me

To say that 2013 was an eventful year for me would be a colossal understatement. 2013 showed me that a lot can happen in just one short year but it also taught me a lot.

1. Do what makes you happy- This year, I got a second chance at life and I did not let it go to waste. For once in my life, I focused on what I wanted and what made me happy and I am reaping some wonderful results. Like this blog, for instance.



2. Do things at your own time- Tons of people criticize me for getting married at 20 but it's none of their business. They tell me that I'm too young, too inexperienced and too naive to ever understand the complexity of marriage. I disagree. I got married at 20, to a soldier, realizing that I could be a widow at 21. It was my time and my decision and it felt right to me. Just because other people waited doesn't mean that I'm wrong for doing this and I will never regret my decision. Ever.



3. Be patient- Being separated from Kristopher (and still being separated) has been the hardest thing that I've ever done; it's literally agonizing. And I've always been an impatient person. But he's been gone for 7 months and he'll be home soon. And I would do it all over again because he has found where he belongs and he's so happy. So I've had to just know that this is my life and patiently wait for him every day. And when I finally get those kisses that I've been waiting for, they'll be that much sweeter.



4. Integrity is important- I've always been a very loyal and honest person. When I give you my word, it means something. Actually, scratch that; it means everything. But I've caught so many people in so many huge lies and they have now lost my trust. When you lose my trust, it's almost impossible to get it back. Promises are promises and it hurts when they're broken. So I've really learned just how important integrity is to me.



5. Family is everything- At the end of the day, they are the ones who are going to be holding you while you cry, supporting you during tough times and being your cheerleaders when you succeed. My family has been my rock for this entire 7 month journey and of course, all of the years before that. They have been counting down the days with me and not allowing me to be negative during this process. I feel so much stronger because of them.


What did 2013 teach you?

-Chelsea


No comments:

Post a Comment