Translate

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Plausible Resolutions

There seems to be a stigma with New Years Resolutions because many people that I know complain that people give up on them by February. Whether or not this is true, I can't say because I typically don't make resolutions. It's not because I think I'm perfect or anything, in fact I'm far from it. It's because I've never been able to think of one that wasn't stereotypical and that everyone else wasn't doing. So I just didn't make them.

However, resolutions do scare me a bit because I'm afraid that if I do make one, that if I fail, I'll feel extremely guilty. So I've decided that if I'm going to do them, I'm not going to overestimate myself; I'm going to make them plausible. And if I write them down on the internet, it will be my motivation to keep them going! :)



1. Blog more- I started this blog in April of this year and I have tried to dedicate a certain amount of my time to it because blogging takes work. However, my blog isn't on a schedule. I don't plan my posts; I do them spontaneously about whatever happens to inspire me at the time. But I think that if I did plan my posts more and have a routine down, that it will improve my blog's quality. I'm going to try to blog more and when I do blog, I'm going to try to pre-plan.

2. Write more- I have been going through multiple plots and story-lines, trying to figure out which of my ideas will be my next novel. But I only used to write when inspiration found me and if I relied on that, I would go for weeks without writing. And that's not productive. So I'm going to try to focus more on my novels and I'm definitely looking forward to this resolution! I can't wait to see what I come up with!

3. Read more- I read a lot already but when you're a writer, it's definitely beneficial. You get inspired, you learn from writers with different ideas and perspectives than you and it helps grow your imagination. I love to get lost in books. I prefer books to TV, video games and social media. This one is definitely plausible. I have a reading challenge on goodreads.com and I'm ready to tackle it! Wish me luck; I hope that I can finish it!

I'm going to need tons of distractions while Kris is gone and I definitely think that these resolutions will help get me through it!

What are your resolutions?

See you all next year!

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment