Translate

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Our Last Day

Kris and I are moving tomorrow, so this weekend has been full of emotional goodbyes. Yesterday, we spent the afternoon saying goodbye to my dad's family and last night, we said goodbye to my mom's family. Today we said our goodbyes to Kris' family and my dad. My dad couldn't get tomorrow off of work, so we had our tear-filled goodbye today.



My mom took us out for brunch today and is making my favorite dinner tonight. It hasn't quite hit me yet that I'm leaving. It feels a bit too surreal, like tomorrow actually isn't going to happen. But I know that now that I've said goodbye to my dad, I'm going to have to say my goodbyes to Kelly and my mom. Then it's really going to hit me.

I'm a bit stressed out because of the move and I'm feeling all kinds of mixed emotions about actually leaving. Scared. Excited. Happy. Sad. Hopeful. Anxious. But even though this weekend has been hard, I'm looking forward to our new lives together. I know that this is what's best for Kristopher and I. And I know that one day, it won't be so scary anymore.

But tomorrow at the airport, I can guarantee that there will be a lot of happy/sad tears.

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment