Translate

Friday, June 21, 2013

Blog Challenge, Day 2: Educate the World



So, as you can tell from the title of this blog, the assignment for the second day of the challenge is to educate the world about something that you know a lot about. There are no rules, so I'm actually very excited to do this one. For my topic, I am going to teach you guys the one thing that I know more about than anything in the world:

                                                               Being A "Disnerd"

As you can probably guess, the word "Disnerd" is a morphing together or the word "Disney" and the word "nerd." This is basically, someone that is absolutely OBSESSED with all things Disney and is not ashamed of it in the least. In fact, they're quite proud of it. Those who know me, know that I fall under this category; if you don't know me, you're going to find out really quickly that I do.

***Don't take any advice in here too seriously. This is all in good fun and is not legitimate advice on how to live your life. It is just an exaggeration of how I live mine.***


  • First things first, buy an annual pass to Disney World/Disneyland or any other Disney parks and abuse the heck out of them! I know that I do! I didn't go more than 3 weeks without going to Disney World this past year and I definitely got what I paid for.
  • Secondly, spend all of your extra money on Disney merchandise, whether it's at the parks, Disney Store, movies at Target, etc. 
  • Attend every single holiday event or special events where they open the park for 24 hours or open up a new section of the park. You can even skip school if you'd like. You can go to school every day. Disney only opens 24 hours twice a year.
  • This one is important: Watch all of the Disney movies so many times that you can recite all of the movies without hesitation. This is how you truly know that you're turning into a Disnerd.
  • Be a part of the Disney Movie Rewards Club and use your rewards to get rare Disney Merchandise.
  • Follow/"Like" their pages on all of the different social media sites and stalk them.
  • Enter ALL of the competitions/giveaways.
  • Honeymoon in Disney.
  • Become addicted to the heaven that is Dole Whips. Seriously, eat them and they will change your life.
  • Interact with all of the characters and have tough questions ready for them. Seriously, anyone can just take pictures and leave. It takes a true Disnerd to ask Prince Charming why he didn't ask for Cinderella's name all night. Haha
  • Spend lots of money on character dinners.
  • Go to every single park and fall in love with Disney all over again.
  • Learn about Walt Disney's life and legacy.
  • Now this one is another important one and I'm quite good at it: Learn so much Disney trivia that you drive your parents nuts when you keep talking about it.
  • Force your significant other to love it as much as you do.
  • Get proposed to/propose to your girlfriend at Disney.
This one was fun and obviously you shouldn't take my advice seriously if you're not willing to commit to the lifestyle that comes with being a Disnerd. When the challenge described the second day, they said it could be fun, serious, sarcastic, etc. There were no rules and I'm not sure which category this blog would fall under but I guess that's the fun part. Feel free to love Disney like I do but you definitely don't have to take it to the extreme that I do. Thank you guys for reading. It means a lot. Stay tuned for Day 3. :)

Sounds Like Life To Me

No comments:

Post a Comment