Translate

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Blog Challenge, Day 8: Advice



For this challenge, I have to give the best piece of advice that I can. When I sat down and started to think about what advice that I would tell people, a scene from Tuck Everlasting popped into my head. Winnie and Angus are out in a boat after Winnie has discovered the magical spring and she has to decide whether or not she is going to drink from the spring and live forever or not. Winnie is confused about what to do because she is afraid to die. Tuck tells her, "Don't be afraid of death, Winnie. Be afraid of the unlived life."

To me, that is the best advice that someone can give you. What the Tucks had was not life. As Angus said, they were stuck where they were and nothing about them was ever going to change, hence they could not grow and live. It got me thinking about my own life and yes, there are all things in the world that we have to do that we don't want to. That's just how life is but there have been so many times that I've done things that I didn't want to or made myself miserable, wasting my precious time on this Earth.

Basically, I've come to the realization that my happiness is important. At the end of the day, I'm the one that has to get up in the morning and like who I am and how I live my life. Nobody else does. You have one human life and you shouldn't waste it. You should follow your dreams, take risks and ultimately, live. Make sure that you always set some time away for yourself and that you enjoy your life as much as possible. I'm not saying that you will never have to do anything that you don't want to; that would be unrealistic. However, I am saying that when you have the chance to make yourself happy, take it.You are responsible for your own happiness. So grab the bull by the horns and carpe diem!

So take a piece of advice from Angus. Don't be afraid and go out and live your life to your fullest potential. As they say at the end of the movie, the narrator of the movie says, "You don't have to live forever, you just have to live." Now, log off of your computer and go live! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment