Translate

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Blog Challenge, Day 7: What I'm Most Afraid Of



Although I am sure that most humans are afraid of things like snakes, heights and spiders, my biggest fear is something different and a bit embarrassing: lizards. Even though I am scared of the other things that I just mentioned, there is absolutely nothing in the world that paralyzes me more than lizards.

Now, don't get me wrong, I know that this is a completely irrational fear but that's the funny thing about fear; it causes you to think irrationally. I cannot think of a single instance in my life when lizards didn't petrify me. I don't know what it is about them, maybe it's the fact that they're creepy and crawly? Maybe it's that their skin is scaly and slimy? Just the thought of them is making my skin crawl right now.

Whenever I look outside my window and see their beady little eyes staring at me, it drives me insane, as well as the look of their claws. I don't care how small they are. I probably should never have watched Godzilla because now that's pretty much how I see them. Where I live, there are lizards that walk on two legs and run around and they are my absolute worst nightmare! I just picture them chasing me around and hissing after me.

Well, this fear is obviously something that I'm not proud of and I can't believe that I'm actually talking about this on the internet. I guess that's why this is a challenge because it was definitely difficult for me. Thanks for reading and stay tuned for Day 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment