Translate

Friday, June 21, 2013

Blog Challenge, Day 3: Things That Make Me Uncomfortable

File:Awkward title.png

Now this list can be quite extensive but I'll try to condense it down for y'all. I'm not quite sure why so many things make me feel uncomfortable but I think it's because even though I love who I am, I don't carry myself with as confidence as I should. Therefore, I think that it makes me act a bit more awkward and timid than I realize at the time.


  • Talking on the phone- This is without a doubt, the number one thing that makes me uncomfortable. Whether it's answering the phone or calling someone, I will put it off until the last possible minute because I dread every single second of phone calls. I hate talking to strangers, especially when I have to complain about a problem. I even hate calling people I know because awkward pauses bother me and I never know what to say to get off the phone without seeming rude or bored. 
  • When someone has something stuck in their teeth or on their face- Seriously, do you tell them or is that rude?
  • When you're at a store and the consultant won't leave you alone- I can't stand this, especially at the jewelry store! When my husband and I were wedding ring shopping, we felt so pressured because even when we told the consultants that we were "just looking," they crept up next to us and didn't leave our side, no matter how many times we told them to leave. It didn't matter what store we were at. They all had consultants that behaved just like that. Just leave us alone people. You're not making us want to buy anything; you're actually just creeping us out.
  • At the public pool- I have a pretty nice body that I'm quite proud of but that doesn't mean that I want to see you gawking at me when I'm at the pool. If you're going to look at me, be a little more subtle about it and stop wolf-whistling at me, you perverts. 
  • Awkward silence- I'm always the one that feels like they need to fill the silence and I never know what to say. Hence, it makes it more awkward than it already was.
  • When you tell a joke and nobody thinks it's funny but you- This happens to me all the time. Basically, joke delivery is not my strong suit and when I get nervous, I laugh. So I end up laughing hysterically at my own jokes. 
  • When people tell you TMI- When I'm at work and I'm like, "Hi, how are you today?" I'm just being nice. So when you say, "My wife ran off with the butcher and my brother hates me" what do you expect me to say to that? I just end up standing there, awkwardly and say, "That will be $10.85, please." I just end up thinking that you're crazy for telling a complete stranger your personal business without any solicitation for that information.
  • When people beg for money by tapping at your car- I always feel bad when I don't give people money but the idea of someone trying to get me to open my window, freaks me out. I'm sure that I'm not the only one.
  • Using public restrooms- Gross. Just gross.
  • Returning products to the store- Having worked in customer service for a grocery store, I am familiar with returns and I hate them. I hate telling people why I am displeased and asking for my money back. It's just an uncomfortable but inevitable situation.
I could come up with so many more but I'll stop now just because there are so many already and I don't want to write a novel about how awkward that I can be. The only problem is that I'm pretty sure that most of these are going to continue to happen no matter what but hey... sounds like life to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment