Translate

Monday, July 8, 2013

Blog Challenge, Day 20: Something I'm Struggling With



Hmmmm, now this one is tough because I feel like I could talk about a couple of different topics but I don't want to go off into some sort of hysterical rant. But I have to pick one, so here goes nothing.

Right now, the first thing that came to my head is my struggle with disappointing other people. It is the worst thing in the world to me. If I disappoint someone, I end up taking it much harder than they do. I beat myself up about it and tear myself down to the point where sometimes I make myself physically ill. I know that it's not healthy or sane for that matter. I just have this pathological need to please other people and never let them down, even if that person doesn't mean that much to me.

Yeah, that's when it really gets crazy. If the person that I hated the most in the world was disappointed in me, I would still be in hysterics. I have no idea why, other than the fact that I'm just Winnie the Pooh in human form, I guess. So it doesn't matter if I'm disappointing my mother, my grandmother or my worst enemy. It will still effect me the same way.

I'm working to try to overcome this problem and I'm slowly starting to realize that everything really does happen for a reason. So my mistakes, even though at times, they may disappoint someone, will only benefit me in the long run. It's easier said than done to make major changes to the way that you think though. So I'll be working at this problem every single day because I'm not willing to go insane because I didn't live up to someone else's expectations of how I should act or who I should be. It's a tough lesson to learn but hey... sounds like life to me.

Thank you to everyone who has been sticking with me so far and to all of the readers that have just joined me: welcome! We're 11 posts away from finishing the challenge and I hope that you have enjoyed it so far and will continue to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment