Translate

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Blog Challenge, Day 29: Soundtrack to My Life

So today's prompt is pretty fun and is to basically list your top 5 favorite/nostalgic songs. The songs are a bit all over the place but nonetheless, they describe me pretty well.

1. Havin' A Party by Rod Stewart- My dad used to sing this song to me when I was little and would change the lyrics to include my name. I can't hear this song without being transported back in time.


2. A Whole New World- Growing up, Aladdin was my favorite Disney movie and it still is to this day. I could sit around watching that movie all day and I used to like to imitate Iago and Genie. This song makes me feel like I'm flying and as if magic was real. It never fails to put a smile on my face or cheer me up when I have a bad day.


3. So Close by Jon McLaughlin- This song was part of the movie Enchanted and was the song that my husband and I had our first dance to. We loved how it started off slow, got faster and then slowed down again, making our first dance entertaining to watch. We loved that it was a Disney movie but not a typical Disney song and it will forever hold a special place in our hearts.


4. Chelsea by The Summer Set- I discovered this song while watching DWTS and absolutely fell in love with it! It pumps me up and puts me in a good mood every time that I hear it. It's one that I love to blast in the car or on my iPod while I'm cleaning the house. It's nice to be able to pretend that the band is really singing to me.


5. Forever Yours by Alex Day- I definitely have this song on repeat all the time. Alex is a YouTuber that I have been subscribed to for quite a while. I love his sense of humor, his "I don't care about what anyone else thinks about me" attitude and his music. His music is so happy and upbeat with such funny or sweet messages that it's hard not to love his silly and energetic personality. If you haven't checked him out, you definitely should! It'll be worth it!


So those are the songs that I would go absolutely bonkers if I could never hear them again! I hope that if you haven't heard these songs before that you'll enjoy them. I would post more but I don't want to get redundant and boring. The challenge is almost over, so bear with me and enjoy all the music guys!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
My Second Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment