Translate

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Blog Challenge, Day 25: A Saying I'll Never Forget



So today's prompt was pretty hard for me because you are supposed to write about something that someone told you about yourself that you will never forget. As someone that has been through years of bullying through elementary and middle school, all of the negative sayings came flooding back to me. However, there were no rules for this challenge saying that it had to be a negative statement, so I figured that I would write about a positive one.

A few days ago an older man at my job, who I've gotten kind of close with, gave me one of the best compliments that I've ever been given. He looked at me very seriously and said, "I don't have a daughter. I have two boys but I've always wanted a daughter. But if I had a daughter, I would want her to be just like you." I don't know this guy very much because we work in different parts of the restaurant, however, that really touched me because how could anyone else possibly top that compliment?

He says that I'm mature for my age, respectful, hard-working and fun. I do agree that I possess those qualities because I work so hard to maintain them in my everyday life. I also tend to get along better with older people, no matter where I am. I don't know why that is; it's just something that has always been a part of who I am.

It doesn't matter how long that I've known this guy. Whether someone has known you for 5 minutes or 50 years, if they say that they wish that they had a child that was just like you, it means something. That statement carries a lot of weight with it and for me to make such an impression on someone so quickly, I think that it's a testimony to my character. Of course I remember this vividly because it only happened a few days ago but I felt such pride in myself hearing him say that to me, that I know that I'll remember that moment for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment