Translate

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Blog Challenge, Day 22: Rant About Something



Since I like to use this blog to post about positivity, I wasn't really gun-ho to write this post. However, for the sake of the challenge, I will try to write this without getting too negative.

Lately, I haven't had too much to be angry about. I have a pretty blessed life, actually. However, one thing that we all deal with every day is rude drivers. Since I currently have 2 jobs, I do a lot of driving and thus, I am forced to take the highway a lot. So, I not only encounter rude drivers, I deal with rude drivers that are driving really fast.

I don't know what happened to common courtesy, like letting someone in your lane or using a turn-signal every once in a while but it seems as if it is such a rarity lately, that it's a miracle when someone actually does it. Now I was taught how to drive by my father, who drives trucks for a living, so he knows what he's doing. So I was taught how to drive perfectly and respectfully. However, even though I always let people over or do something as simple as use my turn signal, the same courtesy isn't returned and I find that extremely frustrating.

Most things that people should do to be considered polite or courteous while driving literally take two seconds, so it's not as if the person is being put out a lot. However, some people act as if having one more person in front of them on the highway is going to prohibit them from making it to their destination on time and I highly doubt that that is truly the case. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter that much.

Driving is a serious thing and people need to treat it accordingly. Lives are at stake and driving around as if you are on some kind of high horse and you don't need to treat others with respect could cause an accident. So just take a deep breath and use a turn signal every once in a while, okay?

I know that this wasn't much of a rant but the reason that I started this blog was to avoid starting trouble, so that's all that I got without going nuts. Sorry but maybe the next post will be better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment