Translate

Sunday, October 13, 2013

I Miss High School


This is a picture of my friends and I that my friend Beverly took for a school project. JJ (Jennifer) is on the left, I'm in the middle (I had donated my hair not long before) and Jelly (Angelica) is on the right. 


                                             Punk day with Beverly! Spirit Week of senior year! 

If you had asked me a year ago what I thought my life would be like now, I would never have guessed that I'd be an army wife at 20 years old. I also would never have guessed that I'd be going to the school that I'm going to right now either. A lot of things are changing in my life and time is going by so fast. I find myself looking back at my high school days and feeling so nostalgic. I miss those days so much and if I could go back, even if it was just for a day, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Last day of senior year with JJ!

I love my life now but with everything changing, I'd love to just press pause for a second and feel like I could breathe. High school really did have some of the best days of my life, with prom, my sweet 16 and just normal days of carefree life. I also miss my friends a lot. I go to school with one of my best friends, Beverly, (she was the one taking the picture) but other than that, my other friends went away to different schools. I miss the consistency of seeing my best and closest friends on a daily basis and I miss making them laugh. (I was the jokester of the group.)

                                         Prom 2011. (From left to right: Jelly, JJ, Beverly and me)

My life is going to continue to have major changes throughout the next few months and I'm going to welcome them with smiles. But that doesn't mean that sometimes I don't yearn for a simpler time, when my biggest worry was my A.P. World History Exam, not car payments, cell phone bills and being separated from my husband.

                                                             Competing at NSPA 2010.

So basically the moral of the story, is appreciate what you have while you have it. Life can change in an instant, so stop and enjoy it while you can. Once it's gone, you can't get it back and you only have one shot at life. So love the life you live and love the life that you lived. 

80's Day with JJ! Spirit Week of senior year!

-Chelsea 

No comments:

Post a Comment