Translate

Friday, October 11, 2013

What My Favorite Things Say About Me

The other day, my mother and I were sitting on the couch watching TV, as we do a lot together. She was on her iPhone and she looked up at me and said, "What's your favorite fruit?" I thought that the question was really random but answered back, "Pears." She then proceeded to tell me that she found a website that told her what peoples' favorite fruits said about their personalities.

She and I started laughing about what these descriptions were, obviously not taking them seriously. It seemed like such a weird concept to me. But that got me thinking, if people think they can peg your personality based on your favorite fruit, what else do they think they can use? Hence, the inspiration for this blog post. This should be fun. :)

So what does my preference for pears say about me?


According to Fine Dining Lovers, it says that, "If you put your mind to something you can do it successfully, but by and large you tend to be fickle and have trouble completing a task with the enthusiasm you started it with. You need to know the results of your efforts almost immediately. You enjoy mental stimulation; and love to get into a good discussion. You tend to be a restless and high-strung person, and are easily excitable. While you are quick to strike up a friendship with someone, maintaining it does not seem to be easy for you."

Um, I'd say that maybe half of that is true. 

What about my love of lilies? 


Afloral says that, "You are a very commanding, yet nurturing person. You are “motherly” and tend to take care of others, especially those near to you. You take pride in your life, achievements, and personal relationships, and are highly respected by those around you."

Now that is something that I agree with! I knew that I loved lilies for a reason! 

My favorite color is purple, so what are purple lovers like?


 Care2 states that, "Purples are highly individual, fastidious, witty and sensitive, with a strong desire to be unique and different. Temperamental, expansive and artistic, a Purple person may become aloof and sarcastic when misunderstood. If you chose Purple, you tend to be unconventional, tolerant and dignified, likely to achieve positions of authority."

Heck yes! I like that one! 

I don't know who writes this stuff or how they come to their conclusions but it's pretty entertaining. I don't like thinking that my personality is so predictable based on things like fruit but hey, what do I know? It's all in good fun, right? What about you guys? What are your favorite things and what do they say about you? Let me know in the comments! 

This was definitely one of the most fun blog posts that I've ever written, so I really hope that you all enjoyed it! Have a great weekend! 

-Chelsea 


No comments:

Post a Comment