Translate

Sunday, July 14, 2013

I don't want easy...

...I want crazy!



If you have turned on your radio some time during these last few weeks, you probably recognized that the phrase above is a line from Hunter Hayes' new hit single. Every time this song comes on the radio, I have to turn my volume all the way up; it's just principle. The song speaks to me in such a way that it's hard to explain but I'm going to give it a try anyway.

There are 2 lines in the song that tug at my heart strings every time that I hear them: "Love don't know what distance is" and "We're the kind of crazy people wish that they could be." With my husband away at boot camp, it has put some previously unexpected strain on our relationship. Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad about that; I want him to follow his dreams. It just shows how strong our relationship is because we are able to get through this together, even though we are in different states.

I also have heard many accounts of people breaking up because they couldn't handles the pressure of a military relationship. People often tell me how brave Kris and I are for doing this, which shows me that people really do wish that they were like us.

In a way, we were a bit crazy. The army was literally an opportunity that just fell into our laps and we jumped on it as fast as we could. We felt like we'd be stupid for not doing it. Kris would have been stuck at a job that he hated and not making the money that he deserved to make and I was medically unable to work at the time. As a young engaged couple, we would've been stuck where we were in life for a long time with no way out any time soon.

So if you are wondering if going through a "crazy" relationship is worth it, I say go for it. I can only speak for myself and I can't tell you how to live your but I promise you that it will be an adventure. It may be risky but safe is boring anyway, right? Plus, anyone can take the easy way out, even though there is no such thing as an "easy" relationship. But it takes a really brave person to be "crazy." It may be hard but it'll be worth it and hey... it sounds like life to me.

Hey guys! I hope that you liked this post! I've been focusing a lot on my blog challenge but I miss writing what I want to write whenever I want to write it. So, I needed this as a little break as a bit of therapy. If you are on any other social media sites, you should follow me and stay up to date on my life when I'm not posting blogs!

Twitter
Instagram
Facebook
My Second Blog

Also, to watch Hunter Hayes' music video for "I Want Crazy" click here: I Want Crazy- Hunter Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment